A school of humanities that is a center for the development and learning of languages and cultures in an international level
A central organisation
refers to being a hub of academic knowledge and an intellectual resource for society, in cooperation with institutions, organizations, and communities both domestically and internationally.
Learning and development
refers to innovation in teaching, research, academic services, and the preservation of arts and culture through continuous collaboration internally and externally
Languages and Cultures
the emphasis is on operating in English and Thai, with a focus on the cultural heritage of ethnic groups in the northern region and neighboring countries
The international level
the School has set a scope of work aimed at academic collaboration, as well as developing its staff and organization to become recognized globally. In this strategic plan, the Faculty aims to focus on the ASEAN region.
- To produce graduates who are able to serve modern social needs and possess lifelong learning skills, whilst adhering to moral and ethical principles;
- To build bodies of fundamental and applicable knowledge in the fields of language, culture, and the humanities;
- To sustainably strengthen the human resources, organisations, communities, and society;
- To uphold local arts and cultures and empower them to integrate harmoniously with modern social contexts; and
- To integrate the concepts of ‘organisation of happiness’ and ‘good governance’ for organisational administration
Create and apply knowledge of language and culture to develop sustainable human resources.
- To produce graduates with linguistic prominence, ability to apply and integrate their knowledge to the ever-changing social contexts, and lifelong learning skills;
- To produce research works and innovations in the fields of language, culture, and the humanities, as applicable foundations for the furtherance of sustainable human resources development;
- To disseminate knowledge for the development of the human resources, communities, and society, in conjunction with various institutions, organisations, and communities;
- To promote and encourage creative activities that emphasise artistic and cultural diversity; and
- To build a system and mechanism conducive to the management of the School as an organisation of happiness and good governance
The ACTS Value (Operation for Concrete Outcomes)
Industrious and diligent performance of duties in each individual’s capacity, determined compliance with regulations and standards, and efficient and economical utilisation of resources, in the best interest of the School and the public.
Initiation, proposal, and application of new ideas, combined with adaptation of existing resources, to enhance performance efficiency and effectiveness.
Willingness to cooperate and sacrifice when working together, for ongoing development of the School.
Commitment to making regular and profound efforts for self-development to achieve the goal of academic excellence and to seek new knowledge or create innovations, and constant intra- and inter-organisational exchanges of knowledge.